Hetalia~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia~

http://hetalia.wikia.com/wiki/Hetalia_Archives

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces

Go down 
+3
Kfc
Spain
Belgary
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Belgary

Belgary

Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces Empty
PostSubject: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:14 pm

Okay, first I am going to explain what a Socratic Seminar is, for those who don't know. Is it a debate? No. Is it an argument? No. It's a peaceful discussing about a certain topic. Btw, I learned it at Leadership Retreat. We talked so peacefully about serious topics, that usually people get so angry about. For example, we talked about how some people think we should use the embryos or whatever to cure cancer, and how some dont.

Rules of the Socratic Seminar:

1. criticize ideas, but not people.

2. give opinions, and give clear reasons for them.

3. give examples when possible.

4. ask questions about what we read, hear, or see for
clarification.

5. remain focused on the text.

6. are willing to change our opinions with the addition
of more information.

7. speak freely – there is no need to raise hands, but
be polite and don’t interrupt other people

8. have a responsibility to participate.

So our first topic is about the states, correct?

I see what Scott is saying about the states being realistic, however I find his idea about only Us/Uk/AUS? and whoever else only is a tad unfair. Though, it'd not hard to just pick a random one from their country and go with it.

I believe we should have no states because frankly we've been doing better rping lately. I think it's better without the states and stuff.

What do you all think? I'm genuinely interested to hear all of your opinions,even if they don't agree with mine. ^^
Back to top Go down
Spain

Spain

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:11 am

[Off topic: Nice siggy.]

You have a good point, we have been rping more, but alot of us don't have enough characters that really "get" into scenes, Like me with Norway, either england or a Nordic has to be around for anything to be Entertaining, Along with Wy and the micronations/ oceana. With the states, they can fit into anything because they don't have a special little group like the Baltics or Nordics.
Back to top Go down
Belgary

Belgary

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:51 am

Josh I see what your saying about the micronations, but to be honest its all about imagination. I've had small characters before, I actually have such a minor character that shes only been seen once on hetalia. I've been doing fine, getting scenes with Monaco. If I can handle such a small character and get scenes for her, so can you, don't you think? Besides, we need to make more of an effort. Kels always complained, it wasn't like she ever really tried to get into scenes. To be honest, in all our rpgs, her characters were little kids. I don't have much of a problem with that, but it kind of shows me she cant handle anything other than that?
Back to top Go down
Spain

Spain

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Your right, but with Wy, it's hard to get her into scenes because she isn't a major country/micronation with a lot of relations

With Norway however, he knows some people, but he's a mute, so I kind of want to keep him true to that.

And with Monaco, she is fun because you make her tick people off, and you scene about her with alot of hungary.

Plus their are some people who take 100000000 canons so some people can only get 2, and most of the decent roles are taken, the characters that people actually care about.
Back to top Go down
Belgary

Belgary

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:37 pm

i have hungary my love, france is my only big big character, the rest are just blah. Josh, you can MAKE relations. It's like starting off in a whole new rp. You need to make your own friendships and love interests
Back to top Go down
Kfc

Kfc

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Belgary wrote:
Josh I see what your saying about the micronations, but to be honest its all about imagination. I've had small characters before, I actually have such a minor character that shes only been seen once on hetalia. I've been doing fine, getting scenes with Monaco. If I can handle such a small character and get scenes for her, so can you, don't you think? Besides, we need to make more of an effort. Kels always complained, it wasn't like she ever really tried to get into scenes. To be honest, in all our rpgs, her characters were little kids. I don't have much of a problem with that, but it kind of shows me she cant handle anything other than that?

kelsie also rped as guys. mabye she preferred rping as that? If you didnt notice mine were all usualy quiet. :L. I dont see whats wrong with this honesty. it just allows more ocs. how will it effect our rp at all? just ask nicely for others to be their characters. not that hard o_o". plus theirs reigons in hetalia. hong kong, the italy brothers, prussia, etc.
Back to top Go down
Spain

Spain

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:50 pm

[no offense to my love sam in this post.]

I would have more relations but sam has all my love intrests, Seborga [Wy] Denmark [Norway] Karki is single, but Indonesia has mongolia, which i could ask you to rp more. Plus [NO OFFENSE TO YOU ATALL] You do alot of rping with yourself i mean between the monoco and hungary you just rp 2 chars at once with yourself. States would be fun because states can have relations to other countries and other states due to history, twice as easy to smuggle into a scene.
Back to top Go down
CuddleWithCorpses

CuddleWithCorpses

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 10:21 pm

Wow I am so lost in this conversation that it's not even funny ROFL. One Josh with your quiet mute character, he isn't exactly mute, mute means he doesn't speak at ALL so you can't say he is mute. My character Hong Kong barely speaks to other people but i somehow get him into scenes, Yeah im kind of destroying the fact of having states/provinces but i don't care. Josh just go to the magic thing called google and google up relations of your characters, things have changed from WW2 to present =D
Back to top Go down
Leddy

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 10:26 pm

[ Such long posts, I don't think mine will be so long and I apologize for that ]

I think that most of the main canons, or popular and such canons have been taken (England, China, France etc.) And the "popular" canons really stick together in the anime and stuff, so if there were states/provinces you would have more relations and a lot more room for making a character (as in there are more choices) and, you could easily get into a scene with all these relations.

[ Hm, i guess it is a good size ]
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Leddy wrote:
[ Such long posts, I don't think mine will be so long and I apologize for that ]

I think that most of the main canons, or popular and such canons have been taken (England, China, France etc.) And the "popular" canons really stick together in the anime and stuff, so if there were states/provinces you would have more relations and a lot more room for making a character (as in there are more choices) and, you could easily get into a scene with all these relations.

I don't know why people complain about the lack of relations, when you can just /make/ them yourself. Don't know someone? Get to know them. Simple as that.
-nods.
Back to top Go down
https://hetalia.forumotion.net
CuddleWithCorpses

CuddleWithCorpses

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:15 pm

Emma wrote:
Leddy wrote:

I don't know why people complain about the lack of relations, when you can just /make/ them yourself. Don't know someone? Get to know them. Simple as that.
-nods.
Yes person who mostly doesn't talk to anyone in real except like probably three people >_>
Back to top Go down
Spain

Spain

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:24 pm

CuddleWithCorpses wrote:
Wow I am so lost in this conversation that it's not even funny ROFL. One Josh with your quiet mute character, he isn't exactly mute, mute means he doesn't speak at ALL so you can't say he is mute. My character Hong Kong barely speaks to other people but i somehow get him into scenes, Yeah im kind of destroying the fact of having states/provinces but i don't care. Josh just go to the magic thing called google and google up relations of your characters, things have changed from WW2 to present =D

Wy - Sealand and seborga.

Norway - Nordics.

... I dont want to make relations either because WY gets ignored and Norway DOES NOT TALK to anyone but the Nordics mostly. :I
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:26 pm

CuddleWithCorpses wrote:
Emma wrote:
Leddy wrote:

-nods.
Yes person who mostly doesn't talk to anyone in real except like probably three people >_>

oh shut up, that's like 100x different.
Back to top Go down
https://hetalia.forumotion.net
Spain

Spain

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 9:08 pm

I don't understand the concept of people getting like, a billion, canons, I only get 2. Yet, I can't have one state/province, why is that? My characters aren't even recognizable , Their not in any special groups, if they are no one goes to that character, even if I ask, because half the time it's Sam, Ami or Scott.. [Sealand - Ami] [Denmark , Seborga, Finland - Sam] [Sweden, Iceland - Scott.] Don't get me wrong, I love you guys, but I think we should get at least 1 state oc so we can develop relations state to state based on history, and to countries as well. With Norway - Who knows Norway? I mean, England does but their not that close, he has no relations but the Nordics. Wy is a freakin' micro nation who only knows Oceania and the other Micro nations. And i know what your thinking "OH BUILD RELATIONSHIPS" I would, But Norway doesn't talk to anyone but the Nordics and Wy is a little painting girl, Who cares about them? Karki has good relations, but no, i need to rp my 2 canons more... So... Why can't we have states?
Back to top Go down
Belgary

Belgary

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:56 pm

Are you kidding me? You can do better than with excuses like that. You honestly can. If your chars arent working out for you get new ones, make an oc. All emma is asking is that you just use a country for it, cause it makes more sense. You just find a random country and make what you want with it. You can have arizona's personality without being arizona. Or.. was that what you wanted? I don't pay attention
Back to top Go down
Sammy

Sammy

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:18 am

Spain wrote:
[no offense to my love sam in this post.]

I would have more relations but sam has all my love intrests, Seborga [Wy] Denmark [Norway] Karki is single, but Indonesia has mongolia, which i could ask you to rp more. Plus [NO OFFENSE TO YOU ATALL] You do alot of rping with yourself i mean between the monoco and hungary you just rp 2 chars at once with yourself. States would be fun because states can have relations to other countries and other states due to history, twice as easy to smuggle into a scene.
Ehehe...
You wanted me to be them.
Ill rp them more often, alright?
Back to top Go down
CuddleWithCorpses

CuddleWithCorpses

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 am

Emma wrote:
CuddleWithCorpses wrote:
Emma wrote:
Leddy wrote:

-nods.

oh shut up, that's like 100x different.
;] I know it is hun i'm teasing you, you probably have more friends than I xD
Back to top Go down
Spain

Spain

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:05 am

Belgary wrote:
Are you kidding me? You can do better than with excuses like that. You honestly can. If your chars arent working out for you get new ones, make an oc. All emma is asking is that you just use a country for it, cause it makes more sense. You just find a random country and make what you want with it. You can have arizona's personality without being arizona. Or.. was that what you wanted? I don't pay attention

I like my characters, and i would make some more, but some people have OVER 9000 so the rest that are left leave me in the same position

With ocs - They will NOT have the same personality as arizona, and plus emma sez i need to rp canons more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces   Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Socratic Seminar Part One: The States/Provinces
Page 1 of 1